Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fellow Writers Blog Hop: Remembrance 9/11 the Day My Writing Found a Voice


September 11, 2001 changed our nation, not just the nation but the people in it. Every person that could was watching every stage of the event take place. News of the first plane hitting the South Tower, then watching the second plane hit the North Tower. The disbelief and horror of it all was compounded by the towers sudden collapse. 

For days and days America and the world around her were thick with emotions. These kinds of events are what changes a person and how they think or do things. As a writer I was fairly new at the game still. I dabbled in fan fic and wrote a few short stories for for fun nothing serious. 

My writing was passable but it lacked impact, feeling. In a way the surge of emotions brought on by 9/11 empowered my pen. I began to write more with heart than head. Emotions poured out on the page. I dealt with fear and worry by giving it to my characters Letting them express what I couldn't.  

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who found their writing, effected in this way or others. There were some great stories and music written as this event in our history gave the writer the voice they needed to create. 

The face of our nation changed inside and out. 9/11 took a great deal from us that day. But though the tragedy we were given gifts. We were reminded what real heroes were supposed to be like. We found a unity and strength almost forgotten. This day should be remembered as well as those who gave so much and how it changed us. 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for your comment!