Round 3 Goals
1. July 1st is also the first day of
30 days of novling around the campfire. A new perk for campers this year is the
ability to set your own word count. So my first goal is to meet my set camp
goal of 25k. Camp NaNoWrimo
2. Complete camp novel and start Edits
3. Finish out my Hospitality Management degree.
The plan for successfully meeting these goals for now is to simply take it one day at a time. Far too often goals and stresses can overwhelm. We have a tendency to expect more and pressure ourselves more than anyone else.
Here are 3 tips for keeping the forward momentum through it all.
1. Break down your goal into daily bites. Daily goals allow for a realistic approach and the flexibility to make adjustments for the large scale. Plus those daily successes can build confidence and make you feel good about yourself.
2. Don’t sweat the big stuff. Stress and pressure are the two biggest goal killers. Stress can make you physically sick if it’s prolonged. LIFE will always show up and it will be unexpected. The key to keeping the momentum moving forward instead of stress slamming the breaks is to not sweat it.
Have a moment or two of holy cow that suck monkey nuts. Then get over it. Let it go and look at the big picture a head. Honestly what does stressing over something do? Many times it can keep you from finding a solution and make things even more stressful.
As the saying goes this too shall pass. Look at your goals and make some adjustments then put the gloves back on and get in the ring for the next match.
3. Celebrate. Celebrate even the smallest successes. Those happy dances can get you over those moments that LIFE throws at you. Celebrating helps you remember that you can make it on those days when achievement seems impossible. Making a big deal out of the small stuff can even take the sting out of the failures. Giving you the momentum to keep going and not give up.
Now ring the bell my gloves are on and I’m ready to step into the ring of Round 3 for the knock out.
Want to know more about Round of Words in 80 Days just click on the button to the left :)