Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015 The Year of the Book

It’s 2015 and I’m sitting here wondering where 2014 went so quickly. Also where is my hoverboard? Maybe I’ll get that later, but right now I’m reflecting on my New Year’s resolutions.

I’m not going to make any promises to go on a diet, start jogging in the mornings or stay away from chocolate. (That’s just insane! Chocolate and Lattes make the world go round.) No, I’m going to make 2015 the year of the book.

This year I’m pledging to read more. I’ve taken up three reading challenges this year. I’ve pledged to read 50 books for the Goodreads 2015 reading challenge, 36 books for the Library Reading challenge, and 12 books for the Historical Romance Reading Challenge.

It does seem like a lot of books doesn’t it? Thank goodness the challenges kind of cross over each other! :-)

Why sign up for a reading challenge at all? A reading challenge can introduce you to a new genre, a new author and inspire you to pick up a book instead of play couch potato. You can meet new people who have the same passions as you and most of all… It’s FUN! 

So I challenge you to find a reading challenge that fits you or even create one of your own and sign up. There are challenges for all genres and types of literature. So discover awesome books this year and join me in the Year of the Book!

The first book I’m reading this year is The City by Dean Koontz. What are you reading? Have you joined any reading challenges?


Want to join in on one of the ones I have? Just click here My 2015 Reading Challenges or click on the tab at the top of the page. You will find the links to those challenges. 

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... i do want to sign up to a giveaway but I'm so afraid of not being able to complete it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! Even if you don't make it you took the challenge and were inspired by it. That's the important part. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for your comment!