Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Author Chat with Mandi Casey

We have another special guest this week. Gladiator's Pen welcomes author Mandi Casey to the Ludus as she tells us a bit about herself and her new book Bizarre Life of Sydney Sedrick. So kick up your feet and visit a while.

Tell us three little known things about Mandi Casey 
Well, the obvious thing about me is that I love to write. I have 3 amazing dogs that act like naughty toddlers when they don’t get their way. And lastly, I play a lot of Frisbee golf. The courses in Wisconsin are very beautiful and full of wooded areas. I love the sunbeams coming through the tops of the leaf-filled branches.
  
Bizarre Life of Sydney Sedrick is your latest book. Was there a part of the book you found harder to write than the rest?
Probably the ending was the hardest for me. I didn’t want it to end, I was really enjoying this story.
  
Do you have a writing routine or ritual?
I try to write every day, but that doesn’t always happen. I tend to give myself a word-count goal to meet every week. That doesn’t always happen either, LOL.
  
What is your favorite coffee house drink?
I’d have to say the caramel high rise at Caribou Coffee. It’s Sydney’s favorite also ;)
  
Do you have a favorite scene from Bizarre Life of Sydney Sedrick you’d like to share?
 I love when Sydney meets Blake, the story’s hero. He’s a pureblood werewolf, the heir to the Midwestern Werewolf Pack, and he instantly thinks Sydney belongs to him as his mate.
  
What inspired you to write about Vampires and Werewolves?
 I’ve been a big fan almost my entire life. The paranormal genre is what I really enjoy reading.
  
 Are you a fan of the classic monsters?
 I am, I do prefer the classic monsters and how there was usually some mysterious, dark romantic element to the stories.

If you could live inside of your book for a day would you, and why?
I’d love to meet my character’s in real life. Sydney and I are a lot alike in our values, so I think we’d get along great. The dark romantic intrigue in the story and the war for power of the city between the vampires and werewolves would be very action packed, and I’d love to be in the thick of things.

 Where can we find you and your books?
I’m on Face Book, I also have a blog at www.whoareyoucallingavampire.blogpot.com. My book will be release in October 2011, and will be available through www.soulmatepublishing.com; www.amazon.com; and www.barnesandnoble.com 
  
Do you have any news or up coming events you would like to share? Or even just a message for your fans.
 I am currently working on the 2nd novel in the Sydney Sedrick series, this one will be a little hotter, have a bit more edge to it, and you’ll all find out what Sydney finally decides where Blake is concerned.


Thank you so much Mandi for sharing with us We're looking forward to Sydney's adventures. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and for your comment!